Friday, February 11, 2011

A Journey Begins

If the definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over and expecting different results, then I am guilty of such insanity. 

So, I vowed in front of my book club sisters to start a blog to chronicle my attempt to see what might be possible. As I start my first days of my 50th year, I hear the world calling my name. But what is it saying?

For many years, I have had coffee and conversation each morning with my first love, Clark Gable. Yes, I know he has passed on to the silver screen in the sky, but I have a coffee mug with Rhett Butler beaming a sexy smile right at me. And this is enough for me. I talk. He listens. I trust him to keep my secrets. 

Last year, I made a pilgrimage to Hollywood and spent a tearful afternoon staring at his hand prints and signature in front of the Chinese theatre. I have the photo of me spread out over his concrete block sitting on my mantel.  I fell in love with him at a tiny theatre in Bellevue, Kentucky when I was in the fourth grade. The camera panned down the staircase of Tara, and there he was. Babling! I think my heart stopped at the age of 10.

I find it only natural then to extend these conversations to my journey out of my present life and into my future. I will  do one thing each day that is different from the day before and test the definition of insanity. I invite you to sit in on my conversations over coffee with Clark, and to imagine with me what may be possible on my journey

1 comment:

  1. This is a great format, Greta. Full of whimsy and wonderful possibilities.

    ReplyDelete